Dog fleas might be the reason why your pet constantly scratches itself. It might have acquired these pests in the kennel, at the groomer, or while walking in the wildlife. Every 24 hours, these parasites consume up to 15 times their body weight in blood. They start to feed a few minutes after they jump on your dog. If your animal has sensitive skin, it might require veterinary assistance. Fleas also bite cats and humans, causing irritation, transmitting bacterial infections and tapeworms.
ATTENTION: Contrary to a stereotype, fleas rarely jump directly from one pet to another, but they can jump vertically up to 6 inches from the ground.
Adult species spend most of the time under the pet’s fur. You can detect their presence by black pepper-like specs that are feces made of digested blood. Maximum 24 hours after fleas landed on your animal, they begin to mate and lay up to 50 eggs daily. While the adult parasites stay attached to their victim’s skin, the eggs fall off on the floor, furniture, your clothes, or other surfaces, contaminating your housing. To get rid of them, you need to resort to professional fleas control.
How does fleas control work
First, you’ll need to consult the veterinarian regarding which anti-flea collar, spray, or shampoo you should purchase for your pet. These parasites quickly become immune to new chemicals, and the efficiency of diverse remedies might differ depending on the location where you apply them.
ATTENTION: The veterinarian might also recommend oral tablets, their dosage will depend on the weight of your pet.
Second, invite a team of professionals to treat your premise with modern powerful insecticides. Before they arrive, you should do the following preparations:
- Vacuum the floor
- Thoroughly clean the house
- Hide all your belongings inside the closets
- Cover fish tanks, disconnect their aerators
- Wash pet bedding
- Remove pet food and water dishes
Chemicals for fleas removal affect not only the adult parasites that live in the animal’s fur, but also thousands of pupae, larvae, and eggs, hidden around your yard and housing. Thorough treatment of outside areas will prevent future infestations.
Get rid out of the fleas for good
The clients who have already used our services leave positive reviews about our company for the following reasons:
- Our highly qualified staff has a vast experience in the field. They are ready to work on the premises of any size and configuration. They will cope with the problem of any scale and level of difficulty.
- We always keep our prices at a competitive level.
- The chemicals we use successfully eradicate the pests but are 100% harmless for humans, pets, plants, and the environment.
- We work quickly, cautiously, and efficiently, and we guarantee the result.
Please feel free to call or write to us when you need the help of a professional fleas exterminator, we will be glad to answer all your questions. Your pets will remain healthy and happy, and you will be able to walk safely around your premise.